Sunday, August 29, 2010

In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1Thessalonians 5:18

This post is a little more personal than the last few. It's just that life has been busy for a lot of us, and sometimes it is easy to lose track of the things that truly matter.
Lately, the phrase "live in thanks" has been running through my head like a broken record. This is an adage I always try to live by, but sometimes have to force myself to do so when things don't seem to be going "my" way. Do you know what I mean?

Maybe it is because you didn't get the job you wanted.

Maybe there are more bills to pay than there is money in the bank.
Maybe someone you love is sick.
Maybe you are sick.
Maybe you feel you are being pulled in a million different directions by a million of different people.

Maybe someone you love has been taken away from you before you are ready to give them up.
No matter the reason... sometimes life seems unfair.
Although things don't always work out according to our plan, it is important to remember that things are working out according to God's plan. His plan is greater than any plan we can imagine for ourselves. It is important to live our life in thanks for all that we have.

My challenge to you in this busy time of year is remember to take time to give thanks in everything. There are many ways to do this. I encourage you to post a comment on how you give thanks. Remember to live an inspired life. XOXO Kelli

3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for this great post Kelli! I too have had to stop in the chaos and refocus lately......and funny thing......... when I get pricked by one of those hurts or disappointments I have been saying Tea and cookies Lord! The cup of tea is full of anything that I have been hurt by or don't understand and the cookie is a word of thanks for what He is doing in that area and I pray...... Phillipians 4:4-9 Pray and refocus my thoughts to lovely ones! Lola Rue is such a good place to do that!! It takes us to a lovely place and think lovely thoughts. Truely this is what I adore about Lisa's shop and Lisa and you Kelli and Maggie! Hold tight girls! Love to you all! Tea and cookies:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful post. Thanks for a timely message & one with scripture. Thanks for forceing me to stay on track and remember what is the most important......HIM!
    XO~Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli from chicagoOctober 16, 2010 at 7:47 PM

    You and your shop inspire me. I was a recent customer and you requested that I email you a picture of the wallscape I was going to complete with treasures from your store. Well, it is complete and fabulous! Looking for your email address to send the picture since I can't find the card you gave me.
    ...also, you are the only other "Kelli" I have met in person!

    ReplyDelete