Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Paint, Paint, and more paint

So I was inspired to make my little, old kitchen look a bit more updated without spending a lot of money.
What did I decide to do, you ask?
Well, paint my cabinets white of course.
Will I ever paint my cabinets again, you ask?
NO! Not ever. Not even if someone paid me...well, that's a lie...I would totally do it if someone paid me. But, I will never ever, in my own kitchen, decide to paint perfectly good cabinets again! Don't get me wrong, I do love how the little space seems a bit brighter and cleaner. It was just hard work and the cabinets don't seem to hang as well as they used to. However, I am wondering if that has more to do with the fact that my house is 110 years old and nothing works quite like it is supposed to than with the paint itself???? On the plus side, I was able to spend a lovely day painting with my wonderful friend, Amber.
My house is a work in progress, and there are a lot more projects that need to be done. For now, however, I am taking a break from painting. At least at home.
We have been painting like crazy at the store. Lisa found some AWESOME furniture pieces over the weekend, and we've been funking them up.
My favorite is this buffet. I love the contrast of the dark wood and cream paint. Very cool!!!
We also made these unique wall hangers and organizers.
Hmmm...this one would look FANTASTIC in my freshly painted kitchen...I'm just sayin.
We also have some new, unique gift ideas such as this ironstone platter bundled with gourmet food by Bella Cucina and a fresh lavender bouquet. Great gift for a wedding shower !
Come on in and check out all the new stuff. Don't forget to post a comment to be entered into our $100 gift card drawing!

7 comments:

  1. I've spent the last 5 years in Portland Oregon amongst all things trendy and chic. When I first moved to Bloomington, I was a little disappointed to have lost my creative muse, and then by complete happenstance I found LolaRue. My creativity has been restored and my home made beautiful once again. Thank you LolaRue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gwenetteg@yahoo.comAugust 4, 2010 at 12:38 PM

    Love the wall organizers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli---So glad to finally met you this afternoon...

    Loved seeing all these featured items in person. I still can't get those vintage purses out of my mind---what beauties!! Can't wait to hang my new gate in my craft space. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found us! Love Portland and I'm sure you miss it but isn't Bloomington a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't the purses dreamy....We get another shipment in the end of this month! Would love to see your craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it is! Especially with you LolaRue on my side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! So much creative, bright beauty going on at home and at the store.

    ReplyDelete